|Maybe We Deserve It|
...Eric Alterman via Bartop:
While America obsessed about Brittany's shaved head, Bush offered a budget that offers $32.7 billion in tax cuts to the Wal-Mart family alone, while cutting $28 billion from Medicaid.
Now, after she shaved her head, it's the question being asked by her fans, her foes and the general public: What was she thinking?" -- Inside Britney's Head, Sheila Marikar, ABC.com, Feb. 19
What was she thinking? How about nothing? How about who gives a shit? How's that for an answer, Sheila Marikar of ABC news, you pinhead?
Eric, I'm not sure that Americans really desperately want to know about Britney more than the issues that impact them personally. If you look up the most popular blogs on technorati, you may have Perez Hilton, but sites like the Huffington Post are just as popular--sure, when a pop star flashes the beev, all the perverts race to their search engines the next morning, but that's fortunately not the whole picture.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Gen. Lamar Odom vs. Hugh Hewitt A must read post ...
- Congressman Patrick Murphy Today on the Floor: vi...
- Visit VVAW.Org (Vietnam Veterans Against the War)....
- Project Censored's Top Censored News Stories of 20...
- G.O.P.: Grand Old PlagiaristsGOP.com, the official...
- Let's Impeach The President ...Neil Young makes t...
- How To End the War, Part One: Full Disclosure B...
- The Return of Shameless Stay tuned for the grand ...
- You Can't Swiftboat A Clinton Unlike Al Gore and ...
- Tim Ryan(D) Watch It