The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Eric Black: Significant Memory Lapse?
In today's Star-Tribune, Eric Black writes, (in a news article, not an editorial, I might add),
The attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, changed everything. They made Bush into a war president, a symbol of a new national unity to do whatever it took to bring the perpetrators to justice and prevent future attacks. For many of his supporters, the fact that no subsequent terrorist attacks have occurred on U.S. soil is a prime reason Bush deserves reelection.
Ahem, Eric. No terrorist attacks? Wasn't there an Antrax Mailer? Wasn't there a D.C. Beltway sniper? Wasn't there even a pipe bomber from Pine River? Weren't they terrorists?
It isn't hard to believe that Cheney and Bush would lie about this, but repeating it as a fact is a mistake.
At least four terrorist attacks have taken place within the United States while Bush has been in office. Do you remember the D.C. Beltway Sniper? Do you remember the Antrax Mailer? Do you remember the Pine River Pipe Bomber?
When Bush tells you no subsequent attacks have taken place, he's lying. When Cheney says it, he's lying.
I've written to Eric Black to ask for clarification...Please do the same! His email is:
If he writes back, I'll print his explanation...or retraction.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- "He cannot think properly." - Nelson Mandela...
- Worse Than Nixon On The Environment From the Si...
- Initial Notes and Reaction: The Town Hall Debate ...
- Running Out of Legs To Stand On So here is the ...
- Cheney Doubles the Coalition Casualty Count Jus...
- Quote of the Day When people ask why this elect...
- Perspective These are today's top three news st...
- Why I Should Be Kerry's Campaign Manager Th...
- The Coalition of the Dissolving: On the eve of ...
- Michael Moore Pulls His Punches For at least a ...