|Lying liars and the reporter that protects them.|
You don't have to be a lawyer to know when someone is lying under oath.
Just listen for the following phrase: "I can't recall". Defendants say this when they're pretty sure a prosecutor has the goods on 'em and could prove that an outright denial is a lie. They can't, however, prove beyond reasonable doubt that someone hasn't forgotten something.
Here is coverage of Steno Judy's testimony from the now completely disreputable New York Times:
Ms. Miller spent 85 days in jail for refusing to testify and reveal her confidential source, then relented. On Sept. 30, she told the grand jury that her source was I. Lewis Libby, the vice president's chief of staff. But she said he did not reveal Ms. Plame's name.
And when the prosecutor in the case asked her to explain how "Valerie Flame" appeared in the same notebook she used in interviewing Mr. Libby, Ms. Miller said she "didn't think" she heard it from him. "I said I believed the information came from another source, whom I could not recall," she wrote on Friday, recounting her testimony for an article that appears today.
Sure, Judy. It wasn't Scooter Libby, but rather, someone else, and you forgot who it was.
So let me get this straight. You spent 85 days in jail protecting someone, and you claim you don't even know who that person is. That's pretty convincing.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Why Canada is Kicking Your Ass The big news in De...
- Blogs for Bush: The Secret To The President's Succ...
- The Manchurian President These are well-deserved ...
- Un-frickin'-believeable In today's right wing new...
- God Made Me Do It President Bush told two high-r...
- The Blame Game: A Primer Sweet Bejeebus, I love a...
- Played for Chumps: Pat Tillman and Lynndie England...
- Why Does Paul Krugman Hate America? He must. Only...
- Rush Limbaugh Wants You To Talk About Global Warmi...
- What If They Had A War, And Nobody Paid? From T...