Read How Bush Helped Osama Recruit Here

Lies That Led To War: Read The WMD B.S. Here

Under Construction

construction

construction ...

text

text

Photo...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Bride of Frankenberry

As a left-of center blogger completely absorbed with Iraq and the Bush Administration as of late, I realize I've neglected to tend to other societal ills, such as sexism. It's time to step back and take a look at the big picture. A recent essay by noted social commentator Dave Barry (forwarded to me by Allyn)has helped me to do so. I'd like to share it with you, brothers and sisters.

excerpt:

...But Mr. Phillips did not write to me about Latin. He wrote to me about a troubling thing he has noticed; namely - and here I will quote Mr. Phillips, using his own words - "the complete male domination of the breakfast-cereal cartoon-spokescharacter world."
.
And he's right. Think about the characters representing your major cereal brands: Cap'n Crunch. Tony the Tiger. The Quaker Oats Quaker man, Toucan Sam. Count Chocula. Frankenberry. Lucky the Leprechaun. Snap, Crackle, and - yes - Pop. The Kellogg's rooster. The Trix Rabbit. All males!


Read The Full Essay







http://www.iht.com/articles/531942.html

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Thanks for this post.
Visit Links:
removal services birmingham
removal services glasgow
removal services liverpool

 

post a comment
|
Hit Counter
IZOD

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?