|Lesbians Vs. Liars
Media Matters For America has an interesting analysis of media coverage of the Presidential Debate. It turns out that Kerry's comment about Mary Cheney's sexual orientation received far more coverage than Bush's false claim, ""I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden". There are two things we know for sure: Someone is a lesbian, and someone is a liar.
The question that remains is "how do we respond to this"?
The response of the media talking heads says more about them than it does about the taciturn Mary Cheney. David Brock writes,
In the five days since the third presidential debate, conservatives in the media have drawn comparisons between Senator John Kerry's reference to Vice President Dick Cheney's daughter, Mary Cheney, as a lesbian and hypothetical statements about abortion, adultery, alcoholism, and obesity.
To them, being gay is a crime. To call someone a homosexual is considered an insult. To lie to the American people and send over a thousand soldiers to die in the desert: leadership. It's time for Mary Cheney to turn from the Republican party and join the mainstream: Lesbians vs. Liars.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Bombs Away! Here's a list of the countries th...
- Bush Vs. The Bush School of Government at Texas A ...
- Dude, Who Stole My Religion? ...
- Harvard Business School Vs. President Bush Toni...
- So They Stole Your Lawn Sign... Passions are hi...
- So Long, Superman This is the stuff of a true h...
- The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Eric Black: Sign...
- "He cannot think properly." - Nelson Mandela...
- Worse Than Nixon On The Environment From the Si...
- Initial Notes and Reaction: The Town Hall Debate ...