|Lists of Prominent Moderate Republican Defectors
Will the last moderate republican to defect to the Kerry campaign please turn off the lights?
In recent days, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune has printed a series of open letters from prominent republicans who feel they cannot, in good conscience, vote for Bush.
The dkosopedia has a collection of republican defector lists. Some notables are:
Lee Iacocca, former Chrysler Chairman -- June 25
Russell E. Train, EPA chief under Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford -- Jul. '04
Pete McCloskey, former Republican Representative from California -- Sept. 8
Elmer L. Andersen, former Republican Governor of Minnesota (1961-63) -- Oct. 13
William Milliken, former Republican Governor of Michigan (1969-82) -- Oct. 18
Peter Gillette, former Republican Commissioner of Trade for Minnesota (1991-95) -- Oct. 20
Steve Chapman, conservative syndicated columnist, Chicago Tribune -- Oct. 24
Andrew Sullivan, conservative columnist, former editor of The New Republic -- Oct. 26 (on Jul. 25 he announced he wouldn't vote for Bush)
Jack Bogle Founder of the Vanguard Mutual Fund.
David Durenberger, former Senator from Minnesota (1978-95) -- Oct. 27 (endorsing Kerry health plan over Bush's)
Even Independence Party mascot, former MN Governor Jesse Ventura will not vote for Bush.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Where did the al QaQaa Explosives Come From? Th...
- Bride of Frankenberry As a left-of center blogg...
- More On The El QuaQa '300 Tons of Missing Weapons'...
- How To Know When Drudge Is Lying Matt Drudge, a...
- The Kerry Bombshell That Won't Explode The news...
- Get Ready for the October Surprise The right-wi...
- Mr. Pax Goes To Washington The Guardian Newspap...
- Please Read My Other Blog It's not all politics...
- False Images, False Reality Remember those imag...
- How many Bush administration officials does it ta...