|Are We Totally Screwed?
Is anyone out there who can explain to me how being in hock up to our eyeballs to the Japanese and Chinese can be good news for the economy? If you can, why don't you explain it to the central banks?
Central banks are shifting reserves away from the US and towards the eurozone in a move that looks set to deepen the Bush administration's difficulties in financing its ballooning current account deficit.
In actions likely to undermine the dollar's value on currency markets, 70 per cent of central bank reserve managers said they had increased their exposure to the euro over the past two years. The majority thought eurozone money and debt markets were as attractive a destination for investment as the US.
Read The Financial Times Article Here:
Fiscal discipline: Never a Republican strong suit.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Christians Against Tolerance Is this the real...
- "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We ...
- Oil for Food, Ships for Condi The right wing is...
- Confirmed, But Exposed Condoleeza Rice thought ...
- Aiding and Abetting the Deluded Today, one ...
- Homeland Security Department Update The goo...
- Liberal Values Happy MLK Day. Here's to the ho...
- Who's Next? According to Seymour Hersch in ...
- How the World Sees The United States of America: ...
- Two Minutes Hate from the broadway production of...