|Christians Against Tolerance
Is this the real reason Dobson is gunning for Spongebob?
My wonderful aunt forwarded the following CNN article to me. Without a doubt, Spongebob will be the most popular search in the Google Zeitegeist today thanks to James Dobson. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
The wacky square yellow SpongeBob is one of the stars of a music video due to be sent to 61,000 U.S. schools in March. The makers -- the nonprofit We Are Family Foundation -- say the video is designed to encourage tolerance and diversity.
Christian groups however have taken exception to the tolerance pledge on the foundation's Web site, which asks people to respect the sexual identity of others along with their abilities, beliefs, culture and race.
"Their inclusion of the reference to 'sexual identity" within their 'tolerance pledge' is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line," James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, said in a statement released Thursday.
It's a free country, Dr. Dobson. People should be able to live how they want to live. You don't have to like gay people. You don't have to accept them, but if you can't even tolerate them, you're not much of an American.
Read About Spongebob:
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We ...
- Oil for Food, Ships for Condi The right wing is...
- Confirmed, But Exposed Condoleeza Rice thought ...
- Aiding and Abetting the Deluded Today, one ...
- Homeland Security Department Update The goo...
- Liberal Values Happy MLK Day. Here's to the ho...
- Who's Next? According to Seymour Hersch in ...
- How the World Sees The United States of America: ...
- Two Minutes Hate from the broadway production of...
- IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! SOCIALLY AWKWARD WEALTHY YOU...