Bush's "No Child's Behind Left" Act
What does Bush's budget mean for education?
Forty-eight education programs would be eliminated, including one for ridding drugs from schools. In all, more than 150 government-wide programs would be eliminated or slashed deeply, including Amtrak subsidies, oil and gas research, and grants to communities hiring police officers.
Read it and weep:
I know it sounds bad, but look on the bright side. Whenever a door shuts, another one opens. Your kids can always raise the money for college tuition by selling pot at school--nobody's gonna catch 'em.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Anectdotal Evidence in Iraq Since the war began...
- Andrew McCarthy's Vacuous Pro-Torture Apologetics ...
- Gonzales: Too Forgetful To Be Attorney General ...
- The Record on Veterans In the State of the ...
- This Site is a Michael Jackson-Free Zone From...
- Powerline's Mark Dayton Destruction Campaign ...
- Down With Torture Guy Please take the time to c...
- Legitimizing The Occupation The heroic rescue o...
- A Blast From The Past Via Daily Kos U.S. Encour...
- The Shameless Antagonist's Separated At Birth Gall...