|Fools That Follow|
Who is the bigger fool, the fool, or the fool that follows a fool?
For over a year, I've been calling attention to the fundamental dishonesty of Powerline, the so-called bloggers of the year. From the Swift Boat Veterans to their smears against Mark Dayton, Powerline has shown a complete disregard for the truth.
Once again, Hinderaker and his well-heeled colleagues have lobbed false accusations into the blogosphere, hoping that something would stick. This week, Powerline called the Schiavo talking points memo a fake, and the fools that constitute their readership took the bait. A few days later, an aide for Florida Senator Mel Martinez admitted writing the memo. You would think that this would lead to a Mea Culpa on the part of Powerline, but that would be projection. Their core belief in the infallibility of their own judgement is unshakable.
David Brock's dissection of the whole affair reveals the web of lies centered on Powerline:
You can't blame Powerline too much; they're simple-minded provincial opportunists who have discovered the way to become influential in George Bush's America. Like Condi, Colin, Wolfowitz, Pearle, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bolton, etc., ineptitude and deceit are the keys to the kingdom. I fully expect at least one of them to receive an ambassadorship in the years to come.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Basic Fairness and Third-World Debt Relief A show...
- Today's News Headlines: Pope, pope, pope. Jackson...
- Best Blog: Extended Erudite Commentary No need to...
- It's A Bird, It's A Plane! ...It's SUPERSPIKE! A...
- More Good News From Iraq! What a difference persp...
- Plug Puller! In his budget for fiscal 2006, start...
- Who's Really Pulling The Plug? Congressman Tom De...
- Liberal Islam? Dr. Amina Wadud apparently created...
- Time To Fight I'm dismayed, disgusted, and depres...
- Give 'Em Hell, Harry! When republicans dethroned...