|The Bottom Line on Rovegate:|
Via the bombastic and crass yet loveable Bartcop:
Bart, what law or laws did Rove break by referring to Valerie Plame?
Did you know that she wasn't a covert agent?
Carson, I'm not a lawyer.
I don't know if Rove committed a crime, but I know he lied,
I know Bush lied and I know Scotty McClellan lies every day.
For two years, they said, "We're not involved."
Then, after getting caught, they changed that to, "It's not really a crime."
If it's not a crime, why lie and hide the facts that aren't crimes?
It's like Karl Rove robbed the bank, then after getting caught, they claim
the money he stole was counterfeit - proving he's an honest man.
No, honest men don't rob the bank and then lie about it..
This is the bottom line in this whole sordid affair. This administration told a baldfaced lie to the American people, and they got caught. Aside from the 30% of Americans who would believe anything the president if he said he could lay golden eggs, the vast majority aren't buying it.
The only strategy left for this Administration is a distraction ploy...I predict a major "crisis" this week if the Roberts nomination doesn't push Rove from the front pages.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- NOW on Roberts: Read It:
- The Rove Roundup As per Amalia's request, I attem...
- Americablog: Who Is Telling The Truth? Americablo...
- Of Stem Cells and Warfare From the editorial page...
- Why Aren't Canadian GM Plants Closing? Sorry for ...
- George Galloway K.O.s Glass Jaw Norm With all thr...
- Gary Hart's Question of The Day At The Huffington...
- Enough About The White Chicks Via Atrios, a tho...