|Rove's Katrina Plan|
So here is the White House’s Katrina Plan in a nutshell: block any independent examination of its failings, put the Einstein of damage control in charge of reconstructing New Orleans, keep the dead bodies out of sight, try to get away with general platitudes and palliatives, offer watered-down acceptances of “responsibility” while trying to pin everything you can on local yokels and fall guys like Brownie, and let Bush’s corporate cronies get fat on hefty no-bid reconstruction contracts.
Read "Karl Rove's Big Easy"
No-bid contracts! You've gotta be kidding me. Could your local government get away with it? Is there anything less befitting of a democracy? Will anyone in the press corps ask what possible justification there could be for hiring Fluor, Bechtel, and Halliburton to "fix" New Orleans?
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Bill Maeher on Bush: Mr. President, this job can'...
- The Blame Game, Republican-Style The latest right...
- Aunty Linda Knows What's Up The succinct summary ...
- I Get Hate Mail Yesterday, I received a prototypi...
- Taking Us For A Ride How much more proof of the m...
- Sara Speaks! Not to mention the billions of dolla...
- I'm Shamelessly Expoiting This Tragedy ...I'm ...
- Krugman on New Orleans "Last year James Lee Witt,...