So...Let's say you're the President of the United States.
The chief aide to your Vice President was convicted of perjury and obstructing justice, a hostile congress is launching investigation after investigation of your abuses of power, and the impeachment movement is gaining steam. What do you do?
The most logical thing to do...Fire all the lawyers!
If you choose this option, make sure that your lawyer doesn't get caught lying about the whole affair before congress. Oops!
Good thing you have a backup plan!
In Canada, the top news this hour:
A Canadian philosopher has won the world's richest individual award by promoting the message that the threat of terrorism could be solved by greater spiritual examination in Western and Islamic countries.
In the United States, the top news this hour:
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, suspected mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States, confessed to those attacks and a string of others during a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, said a transcript released Wednesday by the Pentagon.
Gee, if the Petagon says it, it must be true.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- This is the Conservative Philosophy in Action Fro...
- Even he knew better.The Libby VerdictGuilty, Guilt...
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Somebody t...
- Ahmed's Fields In Ahmed's fields the poppies bloo...
- Joke of the Day What does it say about the peop...
- Time For a Long Hard Look In the Mirror Those who...
- Frankenstein FactoryFar from reducing terrorism an...
- Maybe We Deserve It ...Eric Alterman via Bartop: ...
- Gen. Lamar Odom vs. Hugh Hewitt A must read post ...