The War of Unintended Consequences
The US is scrambling to head off a "disastrous" Turkish military intervention in Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq that threatens to derail the Baghdad security surge and open up a third front in the battle to save Iraq from disintegration...a Milliyet journalist, Kadri Gursel, said: "The US attitude has really pissed off the government and the army. The US really doesn't understand how exhausted and fed up they are."
Whose job is it to explain to the President of the United States who he'll support? Who will be represented by the sock puppet wearing the black cowboy hat...will it be the Turks or the PKK?
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- 94-2 Consider it a vote of no confidence. When...
- So...Let's say you're the President of the United ...
- This is the Conservative Philosophy in Action Fro...
- Even he knew better.The Libby VerdictGuilty, Guilt...
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Somebody t...
- Ahmed's Fields In Ahmed's fields the poppies bloo...
- Joke of the Day What does it say about the peop...
- Time For a Long Hard Look In the Mirror Those who...
- Frankenstein FactoryFar from reducing terrorism an...