|What's So Scary About Socialism?|
Really. I want to know. When someone attempts to link President Obama's attempt to reform our healthcare system with Socialism, should I be curled up in the fetal position under my desk whizzing on my latest issue of "National Republic"? What horrible Socialist boogeymen do Conservatives have in mind when they think of the evils of Socialism?
Whenever I hear someone rattling the chains of Socialism, I'm reminded of Monty Python's "Spanish Inquisition" skit.
"If you don't talk we'll put you in (buh-buh-buh-Bah)! THE COMFY CHAIR!"
I have a long list of fears-swine flu, unemployment, aging, wooden spoons), and Socialism doesn't even break the top 1,000.
Seriously. Have you ever been to Sweden? Other than perhaps Dolph Lundgren, there's absolutely nothing to be afraid of, unless the thought of Lutefisk creeps you out.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The Dog and Pony Show According to McCain's campa...
- Senator Wanderin' Eyes Talk about assessing you...
- McCain: Iraq is "Peaceful and Stable" Read It: ...
- Would You Pick Lettuce For $50 an hour? On plan...
- How Many Houses? Gotta love the Feist!
- What Will Happen: The Election or Selection of the...
- Modern conservativism: "the search for a superior ...
- The New Scramble For Africa West Africa already p...
- The Last Person You'd Expect To See In AndongLinda...
- Guy Smiley Attacks!