|The Incomparable Molly Ivins Speaks
"Some people think you cannot break a dog that has got in the habit of killin' chickens, but my friend John Henry always claimed you could. He said the way to do it is to take one of the chickens the dog has killed and wire the thing around the dog's neck, good and strong. And leave it there until that dead chicken stinks so bad that no other dog or person will even go near that poor beast. Thing'll smell so bad the dog won't be able to stand himself. You leave it on there until the last little bit of flesh rots and falls off, and that dog won't kill chickens again.
The Bush administration is going to be wired around the neck of the American people for four more years, long enough for the stench to sicken everybody. It should cure the country of electing Republicans.
And at least Democrats won't have to clean up after him until it is real clear to everyone who made the mess".
Molly is right. With control of every branch of government and Clinton four years in the past, there's nobody left to blame when the policies lead this country down the road to ruin.
Don't Mourn, Organize
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- From Iraq With Sympathy Iraqi blogger riverbend...
- Boss Hoggs For Bush During the runup to the ele...
- Message From An Iraq War Veteran From Operation Tr...
- They Didn't Win a Fair Fight The global implica...
- Image culled from Bartcop.com
- Bin Laden and The Neoconservatives Want the Same T...
- Let's Make Every Vote Count! Every registered v...
- Hope It could all be over tomorrow night. Cons...
- Keeping Track of Voting Irregularities eRiposte...
- Powerline Blog: Destroying Careers For Partisan Ga...