Read How Bush Helped Osama Recruit Here

Lies That Led To War: Read The WMD B.S. Here

Under Construction

construction

construction ...

text

text

Photo...

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, December 06, 2004

Buy Nothing Christmas

The brilliant web provacateurs Adbusters.orghave launched a new campaign for the holiday season following on the heels of their "Buy Nothing Day" campaign. Because I have two wonderful nieces, and like a good excuse to give them gifts, I'm not going to particate fully. My siblings and I have agreed not to give eachother gifts this christmas, however. What's important to us is being able to be together for a few days during the holiday, and cheap crap from Wal-Mart made by Chinese slave labour would do nothing to make our time together any better.

The "Buy Nothing Christmas Campaign" is a great idea to the extent that it challenges us to consider the true reason for the season. This holiday season, my gifts will better reflect my values.



Comments on ""

 

post a comment
|
Hit Counter
IZOD

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?