|Left Wing Media Bias, R.I.P.
Armstrong Williams, Maggie Gallagher, Micahel McManus, Charles Krauthammer...How many more embarassing propaganda scandals can this administration endure?
The latest scandal, relentlessly pursued by Americablog, Atrios, Daily Kos, et. al., has finally reached the papers. A more bizarre story cannot be found:
Gannon began covering the White House two years ago for an obscure Republican Web site (Talon-News.com). He was known for his friendly questions, including asking Bush at last month's news conference how he could work with Democrats "who seem to have divorced themselves from reality."
Gannon was also given a classified CIA memo that named agent Valerie Plame, leading to his grilling by the grand jury investigating her outing.
He came under lefty scrutiny after revelations that the administration was paying conservative pundits to talk up Bush's proposals. By examining Internet records, online sleuths at DailyKos.com figured out that his real name was Jim Guckert and he owned various Web sites, including HotMilitaryStud.com, MilitaryEscorts.com and MilitaryEscortsM4M.com.
"The issue here is whether someone with connections to male prostitution was given unfettered access to the White House and copies of internal CIA documents. For a family values administration, that's pretty creepy," said John Aravosis, one of the bloggers chasing the story.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Destroy The Man, Ignore The Issue This was the ...
- Bush's "No Child's Behind Left" Act What do...
- Anectdotal Evidence in Iraq Since the war began...
- Andrew McCarthy's Vacuous Pro-Torture Apologetics ...
- Gonzales: Too Forgetful To Be Attorney General ...
- The Record on Veterans In the State of the ...
- This Site is a Michael Jackson-Free Zone From...
- Powerline's Mark Dayton Destruction Campaign ...
- Down With Torture Guy Please take the time to c...
- Legitimizing The Occupation The heroic rescue o...