|An Unlikely Champion For Ohio|
Aside from MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, the issue of vote fraud in Ohio was largely ignored by the mainstream media despite the proponderance of evidence.
Yesterday, to the complete surprise of everyone, Bush apologist Christopher Hitchens decided to take up the issue. Here's an excerpt from the latest issue of Vanity Fair:
I asked her, finally, what would be the logical grounds for deducing that any tampering had in fact occurred. "Well, I understand from what I have read," she said, "that the early exit polls on the day were believed by both parties." That, I was able to tell her from direct experience, was indeed true. But it wasn't quite enough, either. So I asked, "What if all the anomalies and malfunctions, to give them a neutral name, were distributed along one axis of consistency: in other words, that they kept on disadvantaging only one candidate?" My question was hypothetical, as she had made no particular study of Ohio, but she replied at once: "Then that would be quite serious."
I suppose it's better late than never, but where were you in November, Chris? Do you now need to write a piece critical of the administration to distance yourself from Armstrong Williams and Jeff Gannon? Now that Bush has been reelected, are you off the retainer?
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The Problem With One-Party Government ...is tha...
- Incredibly Funny, Incredibly Thought-Provoking Bi...
- Jesus Christ: Worst Leader Ever Character assassi...
- Scandal, Republican Style This one has everythi...
- Accountability on Iraq In 1941, as the United St...
- The Wrath of Khan An investigation by Pakistan's ...
- Back in Iraq (To the tune of "Back in Black" by ...
- Condoleeza Rice is a Liar I have to conclude tha...
- Andrew Sullivan Deserts From The Ranks of Pro-Tort...