|The New Neocon Mantra: We Don't Care|
At first I was furious, but after further reflection, a modicum of sincerity is refreshing. Finally their words coincide with their actions.
From Bob Geiger's Yellow Dog Blog:
As Ms. Sheehan and the "Camp Casey" protesters sang America The Beautiful or stood quietly, the right-wing group chanted "we don't care" at the mother who lost her son, Casey, to Bush's war in Iraq.
Why should they care? After all, Cindy Sheehan's protest "borders on treason" according to O'Reilly on The Factor:
So I mean, I think Mrs. Sheehan bears some responsibility for this and also for the responsibility of other American families who have lost sons and daughters in Iraq, who feel that this kind of behavior borders on treasonous.
...But wait, there's more! Everyone hogpile on the grieving mother!
As quoted by Digby:
So, really, how much exactly are we supposed to grieve over this guy? Isn't a certain amount of disapproval in order for the guy-and by extension his mom, for making such a fuss over a person who was, in the last analysis, by definition, a loser?
So shouldn't Mrs. Sheehan be showing a little more shame about the situation and maybe not wanting to get her son and his shortcoming splashed all over the media?
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- These People Have No Shame Did Cindy Sheehan chan...
- The Bottom Line on Rovegate: Via the bombastic an...
- NOW on Roberts: Read It:
- The Rove Roundup As per Amalia's request, I attem...
- Americablog: Who Is Telling The Truth? Americablo...
- Of Stem Cells and Warfare From the editorial page...
- Why Aren't Canadian GM Plants Closing? Sorry for ...
- George Galloway K.O.s Glass Jaw Norm With all thr...