|Orwellian Organization of the Day|
The International Peace Operations Association.
Don't they sound nice!
...The name itself conjures up images of Quakers grannies handing out oatmeal cookies to schoolchildren, doesn't it?
Here's what they actually are:
Mercenaries. Killers for hire. Thugs.
Actually, the International Peace Operations Association is a trade association representing the trade in human death and destruction, to be more precise; i.e. the lobbyists, convention-organizers, and public relations stooges for mercenaries, killers for hire, and thugs.
The membership rolls of the IPOA include such notables as Blackwater, MPRI, and Triple Canopy; three companies that are showcasing their "peacekeeping skills" in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The IPOA is also implicated in the 2004 coup attempt in Equatorial Guinea.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Coward? Dana Milbank writes on the latest Yello...
- Dick Cheney: Lying Repeatedly, Often, and Irrefu...
- Stevodamus: Prophecy Confirmed Bush in his own ...
- Behold! The Mighty Stevodamus Will Now Predict The...
- Remember...We're The Good Guys Just keep repeatin...
- Team America World Police: Torture Edition "We do...
- Dee DePass, Corporate Kiss-Ass Reporter for the Mi...
- I Heart Huffington If you haven't checked out The...
- Equatorial Guinea Watch: The New Scramble For Afri...
- Charging Saddam Hussein With Tax Evasion Five ind...