|Equatorial Guinea Watch|
Really strange news reported by the Chinese News Agency, Xinahua:
Fifteen Belgian armored vehicles are lost in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa, together with radio equipment and field kitchens, local radio VRT reported on Friday.
The equipment was meant for a Beninese battalion supervising the free election process in Congo, the report said.
Those expensive Belgian military equipment left the Belgian port for Congo in a ship under Ukrainian flag last December. However, the cargo ship never made it to its destination.
Four weeks ago the ship was seized in a port in Equatorial Guinea.
The four Beninese soldiers that were guarding the material were imprisoned in Equatorial Guinea while the expensive freight was taken off the ship.
A United Nations (UN) team is to set out to the area to inspect the convoy. It is feared however that the expensive material is stolen.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Bipartisan "F" for Medicare Part D: President Bus...
- From Raw Story: "In an interview that aired on PB...
- They Get Letters To the Chairman of the Joint Chi...
- Winning Hearts and Minds the Rumsfeld Way See how...
- Democracy is on the March in the Middle East The ...
- I Support The Troops, But I Hate Babies: The Shame...
- "We still have much to learn about the NSA's dom...
- The Alternative: Sara Dady I'd love to think that...
- My Exit Strategy From today's Star-Tribune, which...
- Give 'Em Enough Rope As Abraham Lincoln said, "Po...