|Let's Question Gonzales and Rove in secret foreign prisons |
"...The Bush administration and Attorney General Gonzales don't want to testify to Congress under oath.
Congress is ready to subpoena them to force them to testify.
Bush threatens a constitutional showdown if they do.
Can a compromise be reached? Is there a way that Gonzales and Rove can be questioned
in a way that the Bush administration would approve of?
Bush and Gonzales have vigorously defended the use of secret prisons in foreign countries
as a way of getting to the truth. Both have stated to Congress that they are totally legal,
that they are not torture, and that they are effective.
So maybe we should send Gonzales and Rove to a secret foreign prison for questioning.
How could they object to that?
I bet the Democrats would go along with that".
San Bruno, CA
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Traitors Don't Get To Question My Patriotism Bill...
- Bob Geiger's Saturday Morning Politcal Cartoon Rou...
- The War of Unintended ConsequencesD'oh!The US is s...
- 94-2 Consider it a vote of no confidence. When...
- So...Let's say you're the President of the United ...
- This is the Conservative Philosophy in Action Fro...
- Even he knew better.The Libby VerdictGuilty, Guilt...
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Somebody t...
- Ahmed's Fields In Ahmed's fields the poppies bloo...