|International Justice: An Idea Whose Time Has Come|
What would the world look like if all the tyrannical dictators of this bleeding earth were held accountable for their actions? We may find out...
THEY are beginning to fall like ninepins. On Monday June 4th the trial began in The Hague of Charles Taylor, Liberia’s former president and Africa’s most famous warlord. He is accused of planning and financing horrific crimes committed during Sierra Leone’s brutal civil war in the 1990s. Mr Taylor showed his disdain for the process by boycotting the start of the trial. A few days earlier, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia announced the arrest on genocide charges of a former Bosnian Serb general, Zdravko Tolimir, one of the most wanted war-crimes fugitives in the Balkans. These are just the latest examples of a flurry activity by the institutions of international justice.
The next step: Extradite Cheney to the Hague!
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Who's the Sicko? I can't wait for Michael Moore's...
- Softball Season Mr. Bush is hardly the first pres...
- Bush's Veto The Democratic strategy: Chain them t...
- A Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of The NRA The first co...
- Why Don't Republicans Testify Under Oath?
- John McCain's Campaign Is Over ...Well, not yet--...
- The Spanish Power Tower No, it's not someone's Po...
- After reading Dan Stout's recent Maufactured Envir...