The Democratic strategy: Chain them to the hull of the titanic.
Everyone knows the war is a disaster. Reid and Pelosi are forcing congressional Republicans to either cross the president or to go on record again and again as supporters of the biggest disaster of our lifetime.
When Democrats talk about Iraq, they're preaching to the choir of public opinion. When Republicans do, they accentuate their folly--and talking about anything else seems like re-arranging the deck chairs.
What a difference a congressional majority makes!
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- A Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of The NRA The first co...
- Why Don't Republicans Testify Under Oath?
- John McCain's Campaign Is Over ...Well, not yet--...
- The Spanish Power Tower No, it's not someone's Po...
- After reading Dan Stout's recent Maufactured Envir...
- Let's Question Gonzales and Rove in secret foreign...
- Traitors Don't Get To Question My Patriotism Bill...
- Bob Geiger's Saturday Morning Politcal Cartoon Rou...
- The War of Unintended ConsequencesD'oh!The US is s...