|John McCain's Campaign Is Over|
...Well, not yet--but it should be. His recent field trip to Iraq underscores not only his detachment from reality, but also his complete disregard for the troops and the Iraqi people:
"...he told a talk radio host that there are "are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through." Then, when the claim was widely mocked, he went to Baghdad to prove his point, strolling around a local market. "I've been here... many times over the years... Never have I been able to go out into the city, as I was today," he said in a Green Zone press conference.
Of course, McCain neglected to mention that his outing was into an area just a "three minute" drive from the Green Zone. Or that he was wearing body armor, at the time. Or that he was accompanied by "100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead."
Read It Here:
Can anyone guess what happened the day after his stroll though the market?
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The Spanish Power Tower No, it's not someone's Po...
- After reading Dan Stout's recent Maufactured Envir...
- Let's Question Gonzales and Rove in secret foreign...
- Traitors Don't Get To Question My Patriotism Bill...
- Bob Geiger's Saturday Morning Politcal Cartoon Rou...
- The War of Unintended ConsequencesD'oh!The US is s...
- 94-2 Consider it a vote of no confidence. When...
- So...Let's say you're the President of the United ...
- This is the Conservative Philosophy in Action Fro...
- Even he knew better.The Libby VerdictGuilty, Guilt...