|It's Not About The Plan|
Do you want to stump a conservative? Ask them what the alternative is. What is the plan Republicans propose to counter what they refer to "Obamacare"? Can they answer you without shouting? Without mention of "socialism" or "fascism" being mentioned? I didn't think so. The truth is, they don't object to the plan, they object to the man. If John McCain had been elected, and if he had proposed an identical policy, there would be no uprising.
...President Obama is now facing the same kind of opposition that President Bill Clinton had to deal with: an enraged right that denies the legitimacy of his presidency, that eagerly seizes on every wild rumor manufactured by the right-wing media complex.
This opposition cannot be appeased. Some pundits claim that Mr. Obama has polarized the country by following too liberal an agenda. But the truth is that the attacks on the president have no relationship to anything he is actually doing or proposing.
I'd love to have a bipartisan bill, but let's face it. When Chuck Grassley starts talking about "Death Panels", bipartisanship is dead.
Labels: Health Care Reform
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- How Hard Can Healthcare Reform Be? Step One: Ide...
- What's So Scary About Socialism? Really. I want ...
- The Dog and Pony Show According to McCain's campa...
- Senator Wanderin' Eyes Talk about assessing you...
- McCain: Iraq is "Peaceful and Stable" Read It: ...
- Would You Pick Lettuce For $50 an hour? On plan...
- How Many Houses? Gotta love the Feist!
- What Will Happen: The Election or Selection of the...
- Modern conservativism: "the search for a superior ...
- The New Scramble For Africa West Africa already p...