|Greg Palast Speaks, I Quote|
...But I could not, like Hitchens, shill for Mr. Bush's war of "liberation." I could see where it would end. When a snake devours a rat, it doesn't liberate the captive mice. The mice are "saved" -- for lunch.
But it is not good enough for the Left to oppose Mr. Bush's re-colonization of Iraq. We needed to have actively supported Iraqis fighting to remove their Mesopotamian Stalin. And now, we'd better come up with something a little less nutty than a recent suggestion by one otherwise thoughtful writer that we, "unconditionally support the insurgency" of berserker killers and fundamentalist madmen. If that's the Left's program for Iraq, count me out.
We can't define ourselves as the "anti-Bush," blindly supporting those he opposes, and thereby letting the nitwit Napoleon in the White House pick our enemies for us. Nor can our revulsion for Bush's horrors throw us into the arms of swamp-things like George Galloway.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The Top 1% We all knew they would eventually conq...
- Wow. John Kerry is pissed: Katrina is a symbol ...
- You Want It, You Got It: The Looting Continues Sa...
- Rove's Katrina Plan Huffington writes: So here i...
- Bill Maeher on Bush: Mr. President, this job can'...
- The Blame Game, Republican-Style The latest right...
- Aunty Linda Knows What's Up The succinct summary ...
- I Get Hate Mail Yesterday, I received a prototypi...
- Taking Us For A Ride How much more proof of the m...