|Who's Attacking You Now, Stephen Colbert? I Am!|
Yesterday, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner, conservative luminary Stephen Colbert took the liberal media to task for it's treatment of our president:
But, listen, let's review the rules. Here's how it works: the president makes decisions. He's the decider. The press secretary announces those decisions, and you people of the press type those decisions down. Make, announce, type. Just put 'em through a spell check and go home. Get to know your family again. Make love to your wife. Write that novel you got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the administration. You know - fiction!
Make no mistake...Mr. Colbert is the gravest threat to democracy since Hitler. Stephen Colbert is to the press what Tom DeLay was to congress; what Pope Benedict is to church doctrine: Colbert is the jackbooted enforcer, quashing dissenters underfoot at the president's behest.
Considering the way the media reported the event, it's pretty clear that Stephen Colbert is the most feared Republican attack dog in Washington. Despite the fact that Colbert's name was the number one and number two hit in the blogosphere on Sunday according to Technorati, the AP and Reuters articles about the White House Correspondent's dinner hardly mention his name in their coverage of the event.
It's as if they're so shocked and awed by Stephen Colbert that they're afraid to mention his name--he's sort of the Yahweh of right wing journalism.
The American people won't be fooled, Puppetmaster Colbert. Your vast Comedy Central media empire can't gull us forever. Soon, all three of the small-city newspapers not owned by Rupert Murdoch will rise up in a howl of protest--at least until Brad Pitt dumps Angelina.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- It's The War, Stupid! Without a doubt, you've see...
- I Support The Conscientious Objectors Rest in Pea...
- Busted! It only took eleven internal memos from ...
- Quote of the Day I've never found Jimmy Kimmel ...
- I am a liberal. And I make no apologies for it. He...
- Iraq is not on the verge of civil war, the Pentag...
- Gittin' Them Evildoers Bush, yesterday, with Hami...
- Twice-Convicted Drunk Driver Bags Near-Perfect Met...
- Republicans Never Testify Under Oath Today, Alber...
- Equatorial Guinea Watch Really strange news repor...