|Methinks Their Closets Are Full of Heat-Seeking Missiles...|
Today I saw the Stratford Theater's production of Shakespeare's "Coriolanus". It seemed to some that it was more than intimated that Aufidius and Coriolanus were more than intimate. My companions noted that the portrayal seems to be part of a larger trend to imbue everything military-themed with a slight dab of homo.
Some might argue that infusing the play with homosexual undertones is a postmodern, politically correct conceit, but perhaps art is merely reflecting reality.
Case in point: S. Korea's "Taepodong" missiles.
Case in point: The Coalition's "Operation Mountain Thrust" in Afghanistan.
Case in point: The White House making gay prostitute Jeff Gannon their go-to guy for press conferences.
Dr. Freud might conclude our obsession with missiles is an expression of fascination with male genitalia.
Of course, in and of itself, there's nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is being obessed with using force with either missiles or penii.
Therein lies the harm.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Who's Attacking You Now, Stephen Colbert? I Am! Y...
- It's The War, Stupid! Without a doubt, you've see...
- I Support The Conscientious Objectors Rest in Pea...
- Busted! It only took eleven internal memos from ...
- Quote of the Day I've never found Jimmy Kimmel ...
- I am a liberal. And I make no apologies for it. He...
- Iraq is not on the verge of civil war, the Pentag...
- Gittin' Them Evildoers Bush, yesterday, with Hami...
- Twice-Convicted Drunk Driver Bags Near-Perfect Met...
- Republicans Never Testify Under Oath Today, Alber...