|Thank You, Republicans!|
That's not what they're going to be saying in Louisiana this week...
In June, New Orleans City Business reported:
In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding.
It would be the largest single-year funding loss ever for the New Orleans district, Corps officials said.
That's what happens when you elect anti-goverment, anti-tax zealots and chickenhawks to office...essential services are cut in favour of your thick, juicy tax cuts and luscious shock 'n awe wars...Let's hope for minimal loss of human life and voter backlash next year.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Chickenhawks As Defined By James Wolcott If you w...
- Is Bush Imploding? From Capitol Hill Blue yesterd...
- Remember Afghanistan? When you've dug yourself ...
- Jeff Gannon's Big Daddy in the Press Corps: Les Ki...
- Despite All Evidence To The Contrary Bush still i...
- The Billion Dollar Snipe Hunt: The Case of Sgt. Sh...
- The New Neocon Mantra: We Don't Care At first I w...
- These People Have No Shame Did Cindy Sheehan chan...
- The Bottom Line on Rovegate: Via the bombastic an...
- NOW on Roberts: Read It: