|Quebec 1, Wal-Mart O|
Quebec's labor relations board has rejected Wal-Mart Canada's claim that it closed a unionized store in that province for economic reasons, saying instead that there was evidence the store might reopen.
In a decision released late last week, the board said that it did not find the April closing of the store in Jonquière to be "real, genuine and definitive" under the province's law. The decision makes it possible that the company could be fined and that compensation could be ordered for about 190 former employees.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Greg Palast Speaks, I Quote ...But I could not, l...
- The Top 1% We all knew they would eventually conq...
- Wow. John Kerry is pissed: Katrina is a symbol ...
- You Want It, You Got It: The Looting Continues Sa...
- Rove's Katrina Plan Huffington writes: So here i...
- Bill Maeher on Bush: Mr. President, this job can'...
- The Blame Game, Republican-Style The latest right...
- Aunty Linda Knows What's Up The succinct summary ...
- I Get Hate Mail Yesterday, I received a prototypi...