|I'm From The Government And I'm Here To Help|
According to Reagan, that's the scariest sentence ever spoken.
Hardcore conservatives believe that the government should be trimmed down to the bare essentials; they envision a low service, low tax Eutopia where Americans don't spend money on frivolous things like Social Security or Public Education.
Guess what happens when people who don't believe in government assume control of the goverment?
You get clusterf*cks like Katrina, that's what.
Nobody has explained the anti-democratic leanings of the conservatives better than Thomas Frank. This is required reading, and yes, this will be on the final exam.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The "No Fly List" List According to the Transport...
- Give 'Em Hell, Howie! Al Rodgers presents a strai...
- Thomas Kean, 9/11 Commission Chairman, Distorts Hi...
- WEAPON OF CHOICE Cursor.org reports on the allege...
- Strategery To me, it seems that the IDF strategy ...
- Deepak Chopra: Did Christ teach love or is that j...
- Methinks Their Closets Are Full of Heat-Seeking Mi...
- Who's Attacking You Now, Stephen Colbert? I Am! Y...
- It's The War, Stupid! Without a doubt, you've see...
- I Support The Conscientious Objectors Rest in Pea...