|Bill O'Reilly Lies Again: The Highway of Death|
Today Atrios quotes Bill O'Reilly as claiming that he was on the Highway of Death. Atrios quoted O'Reilly in order to highlight his spoonfed false claims linking Iraq to Sept. 11th, but it seems he inadvertently showcased O'Reilly's delusions of macho grandeur.
On the September 14th, 2001 edition of The Factor, O'Reilly claims:
But what we didn't do and what is really going to come back to haunt us, and I'm going to have to take a short, just a very short pause to go to our affiliate stations, but I was over there on the so-called highway of death (emphasis mine) and we had a chance to knock out the Republican Guard, the only people that prop up this monster, Saddam Hussein, who I believe is involved with this World Trade Center and Pentagon bombing. I believe that you're going to find out that money from Iraq flowed in and helped this happen.
O'Reilly has never been on the "highway of death". It is conceivable that O'Reilly went to Iraq at some point during his time as an ABC correspondent, but that was in the eighties, long before it gained its present moniker.
Here's his bio from Faux news...If he's been to Iraq during the war, don't you think he'd mention it with every breath?
Read It If You Have A Strong Stomach
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Thank You, Republicans! That's not what they're g...
- Chickenhawks As Defined By James Wolcott If you w...
- Is Bush Imploding? From Capitol Hill Blue yesterd...
- Remember Afghanistan? When you've dug yourself ...
- Jeff Gannon's Big Daddy in the Press Corps: Les Ki...
- Despite All Evidence To The Contrary Bush still i...
- The Billion Dollar Snipe Hunt: The Case of Sgt. Sh...
- The New Neocon Mantra: We Don't Care At first I w...
- These People Have No Shame Did Cindy Sheehan chan...
- The Bottom Line on Rovegate: Via the bombastic an...