|Condi To The Rescue!|
Once she straps on a thousand-dollar pair of pumps, that is.
This from Gawker:
Breaking: Condi Rice Spends Salary on Shoes
READ MORE: breaking, condoleezza rice, fashion, ferragamo, metro, weather
According to Drudge, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has recently enjoyed a little Broadway entertainment. And Page Six reports that she’s also working on her backhand with Monica Seles. So the Gulf Coast has gone all Mad Max, women are being raped in the Superdome, and Rice is enjoying a brief vacation in New York. We wish we were surprised.
What does surprise us: Just moments ago at the Ferragamo on 5th Avenue, Condoleeza Rice was seen spending several thousands of dollars on some nice, new shoes (we’ve confirmed this, so her new heels will surely get coverage from the WaPo’s Robin Givhan). A fellow shopper, unable to fathom the absurdity of Rice’s timing, went up to the Secretary and reportedly shouted, “How dare you shop for shoes while thousands are dying and homeless!” Never one to have her fashion choices questioned, Rice had security PHYSICALLY REMOVE the woman.
Angry Lady, whoever you are, we love you. You are a true American, and we’ll go shoe shopping with you anytime.
Condi Rice: The very definition of dressed-to-kill.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- If we can just keep the focus on black people st...
- Denial Isn't A River It's a flood. In New Orle...
- Bill O'Reilly Lies Again: The Highway of Death To...
- Thank You, Republicans! That's not what they're g...
- Chickenhawks As Defined By James Wolcott If you w...
- Is Bush Imploding? From Capitol Hill Blue yesterd...
- Remember Afghanistan? When you've dug yourself ...
- Jeff Gannon's Big Daddy in the Press Corps: Les Ki...
- Despite All Evidence To The Contrary Bush still i...
- The Billion Dollar Snipe Hunt: The Case of Sgt. Sh...