If You're A Bush Supporter, I Blame You
I used to say that I had conservative friends, and that I could still get along with those whom I disagreed with politically, but if you're still enamoured with this president, our friendship is officially over. I will be civil. I will be polite, but I've had enough. If you're a Bush supporter at this point, you're not welcome in my home.
Paul Craig Roberts is right. New Orleans is a casualty of the Iraq War:
Chalk up the city of New Orleans as a cost of Bush's Iraq war.
There were not enough helicopters to repair the breached levees and rescue people trapped by rising water. Nor are there enough Louisiana National Guardsmen available to help with rescue efforts and to patrol against looting.
The situation is the same in Mississippi.
The National Guard and helicopters are off on a fool's mission in Iraq.
The National Guard is in Iraq because fanatical neoconservatives in the Bush administration were determined to invade the Middle East and because incompetent Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld refused to listen to the generals, who told him there were not enough regular troops available to do the job.
After the invasion, the arrogant Rumsfeld found out that the generals were right. The National Guard was called up to fill in the gaping gaps.
Now the Guardsmen, trapped in the Iraqi quagmire, are watching on TV the families they left behind trapped by rising waters and wondering if the floating bodies are family members. None know where their dislocated families are, but, shades of Fallujah, they do see their destroyed homes.
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Condi To The Rescue! Once she straps on a thousan...
- If we can just keep the focus on black people st...
- Denial Isn't A River It's a flood. In New Orle...
- Bill O'Reilly Lies Again: The Highway of Death To...
- Thank You, Republicans! That's not what they're g...
- Chickenhawks As Defined By James Wolcott If you w...
- Is Bush Imploding? From Capitol Hill Blue yesterd...
- Remember Afghanistan? When you've dug yourself ...
- Jeff Gannon's Big Daddy in the Press Corps: Les Ki...
- Despite All Evidence To The Contrary Bush still i...