|The Ask Dr. Torture Show|
Dr. John Yoo: Welcome To The Ask Dr. Torture Show. I have Steve from Minnesota on the line.
Caller: Thanks Dr. Torture. I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I really loved your last show on the effectatious application of thumbscrews. Great show!
Dr. Yoo: Thanks. Do you have a question?
Caller: Yeah. I just need some guidance. I have this friend--I don't want to mention his real name--let's just call him Billy O'Reilly--who has always dreamed of applying electrodes to the genitals of another man. He's thinking of joining the military, but I told him that the president has said "We do not torture". Is there any chance he can live out his fantasy without breaking the law?
Dr. Yoo: Well, yes, yes he can! Thanks to my work on the Bybee Memo, torture is now defined so narrowly that only activities resulting in "death, organ failure or the permanent impairment of a significant body function" qualify.
Caller: Wow! Thanks Dr. Torture! So what you're saying is that, as long as it doesn't lead to permanent impairment, death, or organ failure, he can crank up the juice!
Dr. Yoo: That's what we're all about here at the Dr. Torture show--making dreams come true for guys like little Billy.
Caller: Gee, thanks Dr. Torture!
Tags:News and politics, Torture, Satire
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- The Representative From California Has The Floor ...
- Lie of the Day The number of countries particip...
- The CIA Torture Diaries From Der Spiegel: But th...
- Keep It Coming, Dick! So Mr. Vice President is go...
- Orwellian Organization of the Day The Internatio...
- Coward? Dana Milbank writes on the latest Yello...
- Dick Cheney: Lying Repeatedly, Often, and Irrefu...
- Stevodamus: Prophecy Confirmed Bush in his own ...
- Behold! The Mighty Stevodamus Will Now Predict The...
- Remember...We're The Good Guys Just keep repeatin...