|President and Kingmaker|
This weekend, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made waves by claiming the holocaust never happened. In October, he claimed that Israel was a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the map". Sheesh...What a wingnut.
At the time when President Bush claimed that Iran, Iraq, and North Korea were an "axis of evil", Iran actually had been moving toward reconciliation with the west for several years.
After that brilliant, bellicose David Frum masterpiece, Iranian voters elected Bush's doppelganger, Ahmadinejad, to power.
What do the Iranian hardliners have to say?
THANKS MR. BUSH!
Tehran's conservative intelligence minister, Ali Yunesi, publicly thanked Bush for his remarks, which were repeatedly broadcast by state television during election day. Bush's statement against the elections was even used by Ahmadinejad to denounce his rival in the run-off, former President Ali Hashemi Rafsanjani, who had said Tehran should explore a dialogue with Washington.
George W. Bush: The Greatest Poster Boy Islamic Extremism Ever Had
News And Commentary
- Media Matters for America
- The Guardian
- Goderich Signal Star
- The Strib
- The Toronto Star
- The Poutine Diaries
- 917 Press
- Manufactured Environments
- Journal of Genki
- Rick and Heather
- Jason Coleman
- Paperback Writers
Noteworthy & Quoteworthy:
- Meet Sophia Born December 6th. A beautiful bab...
- The Congo Solution In Iraq Officially, the Bush A...
- Quote of the Day: Some Christians seem to me incl...
- The Ask Dr. Torture Show Dr. John Yoo: Welcome...
- The Representative From California Has The Floor ...
- Lie of the Day The number of countries particip...
- The CIA Torture Diaries From Der Spiegel: But th...
- Keep It Coming, Dick! So Mr. Vice President is go...
- Orwellian Organization of the Day The Internatio...
- Coward? Dana Milbank writes on the latest Yello...